I am a Holy Terror!!!!
One of our local recreation centers has a youth sports organization called the Holy Terrors. A parent of a child with special needs decided to create "The Holy Terror Stars" which is just for children with special needs.(http://holyterrorstars.webs.com/aboutstars.htm )Aside from giving the children the opportunity to play basketball, baseball, and other organized sports, it gives the parents the time to get together to socialize and support each other. The group meets every Friday from 6-8pm in the gym of the rec center. I finally decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did! Gianna had a blast and I met some really great people-including a local boy named Ricky with WS and his dad. We live so close and never met before. Gianna and Ricky hit it off and I was so interested in talking to his dad, Rick. We shared so many stories about our kids. It was so nice to talk to someone who just "knew what I was going through".The organization even gives the children uniforms for free and has various parties and fundraisers throughout the year. We are already looking forward to the Halloween Party on 10/25!!! Here is Gianna in her uniform. Go Gianna!!!






5 comments:
What a great organization.
LOVE the team name!!!!
That sounds like a lot of fun. I had to laugh at the team name though....how approriate is that?? Too funny.
LOVE the name!!! That is so funny. Man, I wish we had something like that around here. Maybe I should start something instead of always complaining??
What a cutie Gianna is :)
hahaha I love it! She looks awesome in that uniform!
FYI- on your "life traffic feed"- we sometimes show up at Moutain View CA. I have no idea why:) I thought for weeks that someone from there was obsessed with my website, but alas, it's me and JP:)
hahaha I love it! She looks awesome in that uniform!
FYI- on your "life traffic feed"- we sometimes show up at Moutain View CA. I have no idea why:) I thought for weeks that someone from there was obsessed with my website, but alas, it's me and JP:)
Post a Comment