Long time no blog-We finally have high speed internet access after months of using dial up(UGGHHH). So I was not using the computer much because it was painfully slow. We also added a new member to our family. His name is Sammy and he is a 9 week old Shetland Sheepdog. We have been on the fence about getting a new dog after Shelby died back in November. Well, we came across a local breeder and just decided to do it. It was hard to keep it a secret from Tommy and Gianna but we did it! On 4/19 we planned a treasure hunt for
them complete with clues and a treasure chest. Out popped Sammy! The kids were so excited and surprised! He is just the cutest ball of fur! The latest on Gianna?? She is doing great in school and I have registered her for Bright Futures in September. This program is run by our school district and is a typical pre-school setting, unlike the class she is in now which is comprised of all children with disabilities. I love the program but we really feel Gianna needs: #1 more hours, and #2, more interaction with typical peers. We have also put her on a waiting list for a TSS worker. We find out in a few weeks if she gets in so keep your fingers crossed. I am looking forward to having the summer off and relaxing. I am also looking forward to getting together on 6/7 with the other WS families I have met on-line. It will be so exciting to finally put faces to names! Gianna will also be in her 2nd wedding as a flower girl on 6/14!! Soooo exciting. Please also keep your fingers crossed and also say a prayer as she has an MRI coming up to rule out Chiari. On a recent visit to CHOP Dr. Kaplan was a bit concerned and suggested she have a sedated MRI done. I'll keep everyone posted. I am hoping to update more often. Happy Spring and Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies!!!







8 comments:
Welcome back!!!
Sammy is such a love bug. I'm glad the kids love him so much (how could they not?).
In my county we usually go for a PCA (shadow first) and then a TSS if behavioral needs persist beyond that, kind of to supplement. Is that the same in Philly?
Have a happy weekend:)
xo
Welcome back. Have been waiting patiently for an update on Gianna! Can totally understand the dail-up thing; I can't imagine going back. I hope everything goes well with her MRI.
Yeah, welcome back!!! Sammy is very cute. Love the pictures. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, I hope all goes well with the MRI. I look forward to seeing those wedding pictures.
Sammy is just adorable. Michaela wants a puppy so badly.
Looking forward to meeting you all at the railroad!!!
Good luck with the MRI, you all will be in our thoughts.
Happy Mother's Day! What a beautiful picture of Gianna and Sammy (I love the puppy!). I'll be thinking and praying about the MRI. I'll be anxious to hear how it goes. Thanks for updating!
Best wishes on the MRI. I have been waiting patiently for you blog update, I have gotten used to scanning all the blogs for updates. WE have a Belgian Sheepdog and we just love her.
Lila's mommy
Hey Gina! I am excited to meet you all too! I so hope that the MRI turns out fine. Are you still having issues with scheduling? I know I am.
I have slow speed too. I can't wait to have another option. We live in the country and only have one highspeed provider at the moment who charges $60 a month for internet! Ouch! Hope you had a happy Mothers Day as well!
So glad to hear from you again! I will be praying that things go well for the MRI. I really wish I lived closer and could go to the railroad gathering too. I guess I will have to live with just pictures!
Love the new puppy, very cute!!
Noel
Post a Comment