Friday, June 13, 2008

Out for the count........ Last Thursday, Gianna and Sammy were playing and Sammy scratched her eye with his little sharp nail. Needless to say, she was in a lot of pain. After being up all night with her, I left work early and headed to the pediatrician. After waiting an hour and a half in the waiting room, her doctor immediately sent her to a specialist. It turns out she had a very bad abrasion on her cornea. So for 3 days she was laying on he couch and getting more attention than any four-year-old should. We applied the drops and ointment every hour despite her screaming and crying. What a trooper! Unfortunately, we had to miss the WS Get Together in Strasburg:(
We will meet some day, ladies. But by Monday, she was feeling much better.
Big brother, Frankie, graduated last weekend from eighth grade-Wow, where has the time gone? Pretty soon I'll be saying I have a son in high school-that's depressing! Here are a few pictures from Matthew's birthday party at Kix and Giggles. Gianna loved seeing her school friends outside of school. Tomorrow is the big day!
She gets her hair done at 9:45 and then we are off for pre-wedding pictures at Maria's(the bride) house. We went to the rehearsal last night and Gianna did a great job. Let's hope she does just as well tomorrow. I'll post pictures soon... Take care.


3 comments:

Julie said...

I would have loved meeting you. I am glad she is better. I know what you mean, they grow so fast. My oldest just graduated from college.

Heather said...

glad she is feeling better! So sorry you couldn't make it out the the rail road :( You still have your tickets for the farm? It is fun and worth the drive. (on a cool day)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad her eye is better. That would've been a rough couple of days!