Thursday, April 16, 2009


Happy Spring Everyone!!! Although the weather in our neck of the woods has not been too spring-like. I am hoping Mother Nature cooperates soon:) Gianna has been busy in school and her many therapies as usual. Her TSS returned to Sudan, Africa requiring us to find a suitable replacement. It turns out that Miss Saria, the new TSS worker, actually seems to be working out better. Miss Sue was very nice but just not firm and consistent enough with Gianna. So needless to say, Gianna proved to be a real challenge for her at times. So we shall see how it goes!

I had a week off from work and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it! The kids and hubby were home all week too so we were able to spend good quality family time together! Now I am looking forward to summer vacation. Gianna goes to her yearly appointment at CHOP( WS Clinic) tomorrow and we are hoping that Dr. Kaplan is pleased with her progress over the last year. Gianna has also been accepted into the same charter school her brothers go to and we could not be more thrilled! Not sure of the placement yet but of course I will push for inclusion as much as possible. We will meet in May for her IEP. The great thing is that she will ride the bus with her brother and also will be in a school that has a fabulous reputation for accepting all children no matter what their differences are. Since Gianna turned 3 there has not been a time that I have gone into that school and someone has asked when she finally will start kindergarten. The staff is so excited she is coming in September. I cannot tell you how happy and relieved that makes us feel. Gianna will also begin T-ball and swimming soon to add more activities to our already CRAZY schedule. But if we do not keep her busy, she will drive us nuts:) I'll try to be a better blogger but to everyone who will attend the WS conference at CHOP this July, I cannot wait to meet all of you and your BEAUTIFUL children. And if you are on Facebook, please look me up under Gina Domanico-Weightman. I am on there all the time(yes, I am addicted). Take care and be well:)
OXOX,
Gina









2 comments:

Tes said...

She is so lovely. Thanks for the update!

Laura said...

Love the pictures!