Last Day at SPIN:(
Gianna has attended SPIN(Special People In The Northeast) since she turned 3. Friday was her last day. In September, she will begin Bright Futures, a full day program run by our school district. I am a bit nervous about her transition from EI to a regular ed setting but we know Gianna is ready. We all agreed at her IEP meeting that Gianna needed the change. We are waiting to hear if she qualifies for an aide to help her stay on task, assist her at lunch, and keep her in the classroom(lol). I know Gianna will miss her teachers and friends at SPIN-they had such a hard time letting her go. I will miss them also as they were the most loving, caring and overall, most accepting teachers I have ever met. They truly loved G as much as we do! Here are a few pictures.






4 comments:
Awwee. It was really hard for us when leaving preschool. Their just were no teachers like them in the 'big' school. I love the names of the school's btw.
I know how scary the transition is. I'm sure Gianna will do fine :)
If you think an aide would be best, insist on it and stick with it. Better to have one right off the bat then to find out down the road. It's so much harder then.
She is a cutie pie :)
I love the pictures!! I hope the transition goes smoothly.
I hope the transition is a smooth one. I love the pictures, she's just beautiful.
I adore the pictures and just love her smile! I hope all goes well with the treasition.
Anna
Post a Comment