Thursday, August 16, 2007




Here are some recent pictures of Gianna during a recent hippotherapy session at Pegasus Riding Academy. She started last October and goes once a week. Although it took some time getting used to, she seems to enjoy going now. I think at first she felt a little insecure and unstable on the horse and was afraid. If Gianna feels as though she is going to fall or loses her balance she gets a little nervous. She has been this way since she was an infant. Just laying her on her back to change her diaper made her scream in terror. I have really seen an improvement in her upper body strength and overall balance. She also loves her therapists Miss Ami amd Miss Viva. Right now she recives OT,Speech and extra Private OT provided by our local hospital's outpatient program. She is also on a waiting list for private PT including Aqua Therapy. We want to do as much as we can now while she is young.She is such a hard little worker! Her summer program ends tomorrow so we have a few more weeks together before I return to get my classroom ready and she starts EI services again at SPIN. I am happy that she will remain in Miss Nicole's room. She is a wonderful teacher and Gianna loves her so. I'll be busy enjoying my last few weeks of summer and busy preparing for school to start-before long I'll be staring at 24 little 5-year-olds with that terrified look on their faces as they start kindergarten. Sounds crazy but I cannot wait- I love my job! Happy end-of-summer!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gianna is beautiful.!! I'm always amazed how much these kids look alike. The baby picture of Gianna looked exactly like my little Payton.

Laura said...

Hi Gina,
Gianna is such a cutie. My daughter, Michaela has WS also. There's just something about horses....Michaela LOVES them and starts horseback riding lessons in a few weeks. Gianna looks like she is having a great time!